Photographers' & Artists' Submissions
We welcome submissions from photographers and artists at any time of the year. The majority of our publications use photography but we are happy to view artwork. We are principally interested in the following subject areas:
Scenics (including landscapes, villages, cottages, historic
houses, gardens, towns, cities and coastal)
Flowers (including flower arrangements and garden flowers)
Domestic Animals (including cats, dogs, horses and other pets)
Heritage Transport (including steam railway, historic vehicles, canals, aircraft and ships)
British Wildlife (including birds, mammals and butterflies)
Photography Submission Guidelines
1. We can accept submissions in the following formats:
Large or medium format preferred but 35mm is acceptable providing images are of reproduction quality.
We can accept prints but these must be submitted in a minimum size of A4. Negatives are not accepted.
c) Digital files.
These can be submitted either on CD or via email. Final images must be sized to at least A4 @ 300 dpi (TIFF or JPEG files) but we are happy to view low resolution images for initial selection purposes.
2. Captions. Please ensure all
transparencies, prints and images are individually captioned, either on
mounts or within digital files, and contain the relevant copyright
3. Quality/Quantity. All images must be of reproduction quality in sharp focus. Images of UK scenics must be up to date and accurate. We are happy to view any quantity of images. However, if you are a photographer/artist with whom we have not dealt with previously, it is advisable to submit initially a representative selection of work so that we can assess the nature and quality of the material.
4. Format. The majority of the images which we use are in horizontal or square format but we are happy to view vertical format.
5. Packaging/returns. Please ensure all material is well packaged. We prefer transparencies to be supplied in plastic sleeves. Please include sufficient postage for the return of all material. We try to view material as quickly as possible but at certain times of the year and for certain images there may be a delay in answering and returning pictures. Please note that all submissions are made at photographers/artists’ risk and we accept no responsibility for lost or damaged material.
Please address material to:
The Picture Editor, J. Salmon Ltd., 100 London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1BB
or email to: email@example.com